View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
The Brain, complete with Manna.

I know, I know... "What the..."

I just got through reading one of the best books I've ever read. Why should you care? Well, no reason, really, but it's the freedom that the book contends should be the norm, which allows me to introduce it to you all. That same freedom allows you to completely disconcern yourselves with it, should you choose to do so.

The name of the book is "Manna."

It's a short story, with only 9 Chapters, and hosted (I believe) only online.

You can find it here: Manna, Chapter 1, by Marshall Brain

:O What's that? You know that name? No? Think: HowStuffWorks.

Yes, Marshall Brain, the creator of HowStuffWorks, is also a writer. And a Publisher. Probably a few other ~er's as well.

I encourage you all to check out the full list of essays, lectures, and short stories. I feel that many of you would see in them what I do, but I can't directly say what it is that I feel about the stories... it's a feeling that you'll know when you read them.

If for nothing else than a few minutes of entertainment, check them out. Specifically, the Robotic Nation Essays and the book: "Manna".

Interestingly, once you've read "Manna", "Discarding your Body" is also what appears to be an offshoot of the same principles discussed near the end of "Manna", but in slightly more detail.