View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
lunarhighway
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
maybe i should specify what my personal goals are and why i'd like this setup to work.

my car already has an optimised grill with a small lower grill and a partly factory blocked topgrill that sits rather deep, further blocking from behind on the topgrill alone worked nicely (i haven't touched the bottom one), but it showed that on a normal day with nice weather the car will get very hot only when stuck in traffic and not moveing... at a normal speed the temp will brop and stay quite acceptable... so basically what i'd need is an additional air intake for those occasions when the fan comes on. these are very rare so even if a grillblock would increase the fan on time it's still a fraction of my overall driving. still when it does come on i want it to be able to do it's job.... i'm not to keen on relying on electronics for this; but as there's no ram effect when the fan comes on the new opening would not have to be set up for this... the fan should just be able to suck in the factory spec ammount of air.