View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Piwoslaw,

The book you mention sounds very interesting. I sure would like to know more about that!
I'd probably have to translate it for you, since it's in Polish. The author is a local heat pump installer (and, I believe, a professor). Hopefully I'll have the book back in a few months (my friend is looking for ideas to ecorenovate his summer house), then I'll scan some pics and translate a few interesting bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Radiant floor installers figure that there is a 30% efficiency advantage over central air systems. They also have the advantage of no noise, no draft, extraordinary reliability, and greater comfort.
I wanted to exchange radiators in our house for floor heating to raise the efficiency of a heat pump system, but it turned out that our lot isn't good for a heat pump (small and lots of tall trees), so the floor system wouldn't pay for itself. But the installer (actually the author of the mentioned book) told me that a radiant floor system should have at least 8 meters of pipes per square meter of floor. Maybe in your area the numbers may be different (the units definately are...), so find out about that. Hope that helps some.

--Adam

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread