View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
I would definitely be willing to meet up with other NE members. I added myself to frappr and had a look, and NJ is a seemingly central place relative to members (at least those shown on frappr). Although I'm sure many of us are up for the challenge, there is a quagmire of traffic and 9324 traffic lights every mile pretty much anywhere in NJ that isn't a state park. As for being central to most people, I was thinking anywhere around the triangle created by phila. baltimore and harrisburg. As for congruence to hypermiling ideals, I think we should pick someplace less traffic-ridden, some weird place like Lancaster, PA or something. Just my 2 cents, but I certainly wouldn't complain if we did go big like philly. I love that city. (@ SVO, if you haven't been to Horizons yet, YOU NEED TO)

Too bad the Tour De Sol doesn't seem to be around anymore because that was right in burlington. That would be a perfect time and place to meet.

Ultimately, I'd be willing to drive anywhere within a 300 mile radius, just throwing in some alternatives to consider.