View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
diesel_john
MP$

Send a message via MSN to diesel_john
Smile

brucepick, PM me if you wish, i would like to be able to send you files directly.
opps, you already did, i didn't see it.
no, It's not about patents. i give all ideas away in hopes someone will manufacture them.

30 degrees is the worst possible slope for a back window, it is even worst than 45, 60, or 90.

"But curved shape & rounded transitions are the ideal."
i agree, with reservations, that being flat plates can be set at 11 or 12 degrees relatively easy. You have to be willing to put a fin along that diagonal edge where the two planes meet. If your concerned about looks on these mods then you are already compromised before you start. IMHO, Curves have to go all the way to a point or a line or flatten out before the exit to prevent air from turning in too soon. Getting into my wacky ideas, it's not how long your tail is that counts it's how long the air thinks your tail is that counts. Imo, the number one problem with most cars is the air underneath and how the air exits from underneath.

see the top back edge of this truck, the top flatens out at the back edge. the air sees the truck being a lot longer than it is. imo, no matter what you build, the exit is what counts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sculptair1[1].jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	339  

Last edited by diesel_john; 03-08-2008 at 10:43 PM..