View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Had my first morning commute with the new Prius and using first few days to get acquainted with the new buggy before filling up and starting my official "fuel logs." I'm encouraged by my drive this morning given that the car is completely stock (right off the lot with no adjustments yet other than toying with P&G and using the SGII to find my sweet spots).

April 1, 2009
37 degrees
11 mile commute
51.4 mpg

Can't wait to get a few more miles under my belt before raising PSI, adding upper grill block (and maybe some of the lower) and possible adding wheel covers (in the next couple months).

I didn't use the heater all the way to work (which was difficult given the colder temps) but did use the headlights. At the end of my commute I only had "1 green re-gen car" on my energy screen which means I was able to avoid braking most of the 11 miles to work and my battery still had 6 bars...I'm liking this new commute (albeit longer than my old one)!

Funny story...when I got home with my new Prius last night the electric in my house was out for 3 hours (guess electric is more efficient in a car than a house)!