View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Drive Stick
Weight Reduction

Celica GTS - '02 Toyota Celica GT-S
90 day: 36.32 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Drive Stick
Coasting or not, you can't break the speed limit. 1 mph over, 5 mph over, 20 mph over. The police are the authority which keep the majority of us abiding by the rules of the road. Sometimes their personal life and stress off-duty follows them into the cruiser. They may sit and watch you drive past them doing 50 in a 35 and do nothing 6 out of 7 days a week, but on that 7'th day when they are out to hurt somebody's feelings or their quota isn't met you will see a ticket like this get issued.

I was pulled over for going 47 in a 45, by a very angry police officer - quite obviously had nothing to do with the fact that I was going 2 over the speed limit downhill. I got to talking with him, and when he realized I too was working on becoming a police officer he cooled his jets (you can't hate on family) and told me to have a great day.

In this situation, my best advice to you as an ex habitual-speeder and possible future PO, go to court and explain your case after pleading not guilty by phone. The prosecutor will probably hit you with a careless driving ticket which is no points, and maybe $150 in fines. Tis better to lose some cash, that gain some points which will raise your insurance premium and have the state hit you with surcharges for having points on your license.