View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #726 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Hello! I've been working on a parts list and directions. Well, I've been thinking about doing it. hehe.

Here's the problem: There are ways to do it cheaper. I only just finished version 0.1. It seems to work really well, but it's not perfect. Some of the components in version 0.1 are more expensive than others that would also work, I think. How about a parts list for version 0.1, even though there will be improvements?

There would also need to be directions on the process. There are some steps that could be improved. I'm not sure the best way for those yet. But, it is what it is, and it works, and if you follow the directions, you should have a working controller. So, where to begin? How about a parts list. The directions are sort of involved. That's quite a bit of writing. Hmm... I guess I better get started. Anyone that wants to help with directions, feel free. It would be nice to have pictures to go along with the directions, but I didn't take pictures of everything last time. Hmm... Also, I'm doing a few things different this time to make obvious improvements to the process. So, how about an improved process for version 0.1, and then more directions later for version 0.2, which will probably use an ATMega16 instead of an ATMega8?

I have a problem. This forum isn't the best format for including all the directions. For example, it won't let me upload my .c file unless I change it to a .txt format. Maybe I could start a website, and have Ecomodder link to it? I don't know how to do that, or if it would be the best option. I don't know! Oh Dear!