View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #730 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Heuckeroth View Post
That Futurlec place sounds good. Did you notice that you don't even have to do the PCB design yourself. They will do the design for you if you just give them a schematic. Unless we have a PCB design expert that is willing to jump in and offer their services, I would just suggest we go ahead and have them do the design.
That's just too awesome for words!

Quote:
Maybe once you've got Rev 2 all breadboarded and tested with the ATMega16 you can put together a schematic and we can go have the boards made. I think it would be a good idea to at least bring the extra I/O channels to the side of the board, so that tying in more I/O will be easier.
That sounds awesome! Good idea! I never thought until now that pre-done PCBs could be so versatile!

Quote:
I'll make you a deal. If you write the code for my little A/C motor controller I'll pay for having the first 10 boards made. I can easily just write off buying 10 boards and the associated design costs to my business. Do we have a deal?
DEAL! Just give me the behavior you want it to have, and I'll take care of the rest. I probably could even use the humble little ATMega8 for this one. hehe. I still have 9 left in the garage.

Ever seen the A-Team? I love it when a plan comes together!