View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #168 (permalink)
GoodOak
Pickup Fuel Meiser

Blackline - '09 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE V6

Jetta - '11 Volkswagen Jetta Sportswagen TDI
The traditional truck guys are the target market for this product so I think that convincing the traditional truck guys is job #1.

Bondo, if I may offer some unsolicited advice/my opinion on the subject of marketing these things. If you go straight for the MPG issue I don't think there will be as much interest as if you focus on "performance". For example the "aerocap reduced drag, which increases acceleration, top-end speed and (this one goes at the end) drastically improves fuel economy."

Also, style is so important to these guys. Looking cool is more important than actually performance increase, after all most of these guys rarely use their trucks for their intended purposes. They are more show than blow. So think about style elements. Think about the street racers with their low slung trucks and what style the aerocap will add to these trucks in addition the the reduced drag. Think about the 4x4 gear heads and what they will think will look cool. It seems like you got a lot of negative feedback on one of those truck forums from a bunch of bone-heads and some very simple style changes could turn those opinions around. Things like graphics, lights, small body-form changes and window shapes can go a long way. A good graphic designer or other artist might have some useful input.

Also, maybe a cooler name would help. Not that I have a problem with aerocap, but something else might appeal to your target audience more. I think I saw the term "fastback" somewhere in this thread, that sounds pretty good to me.

So those are just my thoughts. Good luck getting your business online. Your latest version looks great. And when you get around to making a cap for a Nissan Frontier (king cab!) you will have a customer ready and waiting for your product.