View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
bwilson4web
Engineering first

17 i3-REx - '14 BMW i3-REx
Last 3: 45.67 mpg (US)

Blue Bob's - '19 Tesla Std Rng Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackel View Post
There is not enough information for tires below 14", there wasn't much information for 14" either.... they provide lots of options for the most common sizes.... but not the lower sizes, which is why I didn't include it in the list :/
I'm impressed with getting a rolling resistance value for the one 14" tire. I had tried to find the values for the Consumer Reports top rated tires and failed to find any metrics:
  • Michelin X Radial (Club Tire)
  • Michelin Agility Touring (Sears)
  • Michelin Harmony
  • Toyo 800 Ultra
  • Sumitomo HTR T4
I have had no luck finding rolling resistance values at Tire Rack and as for other sources, it has been a mixed bag. It is as if rolling resistance is being hidden.

Could you point me at where I might find the rolling resistance values for the Consumer Reports tires?

I recently measured my Prius Crr at 0.0102, which includes the transaxle drag. I'm not really happy with having to buy sets of tires to find the lowest rolling resistance tires.

I had been following the California Air Resources effort to measure tire rolling resistance but got the impression that it 'ran out of steam' last summer. I never saw their report much less some evidence of a continuing effort.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson