View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
You're right. My drastic slowing down is only for safety reasons. Like you, I go a little faster when I'm not alone and when someone faster than me can't easily pass. I try not to make it harder for others, but I can't exactly help break the law either, can I? Should I go over the limit only because others around me are doing so? If I have an accident while speeding with everyone else, will they pay for my damage? Drivers aren't allowed to go over, but they are allowed to stay under, and others should be prepared for that. If they aren't, they shouldn't be driving. I know this is a discussion about the law vs. real life, but real life shouldn't require me to break the law when I have the option not to.

I don't think the local law enforcement team here would be thrilled if they had to move their arses just because someone was aggresive. In Poland, and especially around Warsaw, most drivers are aggressive. And in other parts of the country, most of the road pirates as we call them have Warsaw plates. Sometimes the police will look into someone going 200 km/h in a 50 zone, but usually they don't stop speeders even if they see them with their own eyes. That's not how it should be, but that's how it is I once called the police to report something illegal and all they wanted to know was my name, my address, my number. It took them 45 minutes to drive there, even though they could have walked in 10. They really didn't like it when I called a second time to tell them that in a few minutes it'll be too late.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 04-06-2009 at 03:37 AM..