View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

WELL. . .

I think someone had a legitimate hydrogen assist at the beginning and then some idiot came in and made a stupid assumption.

PM ran an inssue that had a car that ran on hydrogen gas. This is obviously not rocket science all you do is flow H2 into your air intake and the throttle body does the rest for you. Given, he did do a few things to modify it. I am pretty certain he hadchanged to individual throttle bodies with arrestor capability on each cylinder right outside the manifold and then switched on the tank. Actually I am pretty sure he had some simple valve tied into the. . .throttle. I'm going to have to look for that.

But anyway someone else developed the idea of using Solar panels all ovr their car to convert water to hydrogen on site(no dangerous compression tanks or refreigeration worries). The advantage was the guy didn't want to do anything he couldn't reverse and anything other than lead-acids were expensive at the time.

Final report was he got slightly better FE, he gained less than 20%. It was a truck and he had a covered bed, covered in panels. Overall not really worth it because the panels cost a small fortune.

like buying CF wheels to increase FE lol