View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmusic2k View Post
I know this is anathema to much of the spirit of this forum's membership,
haha, just so long as you don't tell them about the inspiration to go from 0-60 quickly they won't know.

I'm likewise playing with the idea. I have a motorcycle engine that I am going to drop into my Del Sol to make twin engined AWD, when summer gets here and my load lightens.

There are still alot of things that might be able to be done.

Although. . . I am going to have to confess I do not know much about the Viggen. Saab is. . .outside my range of contact. They are pretty rare here in TN. Guess they don't sit well with us. . .?

WIKIPEDIA here I come

<edit> So. . .I couldn't find a very good data review of the car and Wiki came up dry. I am familiar with the car now that I have seen a picture. . .I wish my car were named after a fighter-bomber. There are still alot of options without sacrificing HP. Weight reduction is one that gains in all directions. Heavier wheels to lighter ones and taking stuff out of the trunk are pretty entry level.

If you really wanna get down to it. . .strip everything body-wise off and replace it with Carbon fiber or Fiberglass. Although, thats a serious PITA you save some weight. While you are at it you might be able to find more aero friendly pieces specifically maybe fenders, bumpers and hoods.

Oh, and I am the forum troll!

</edit>

Last edited by theunchosen; 04-06-2009 at 08:38 PM..