View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #783 (permalink)
MazdaMatt
Master EcoModder

2k2Prot5 - '02 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 33.82 mpg (US)
Roger, to be honest, i like to give lots of good programming suggestions, then cop out when the classic line "I'm too busy". Fact is, i just bought a house that i'm totally renovating (lots of new insulation to save on utilities!) and I truely have no time for this. I would LOVE to work on it. I have already scooped a Coldfire board from the scrap heap here at work that I would like to make into a bad-arse control board with all the bells and whistles. I'll write the HAL for that board when the time comes!

Yes, I do this for a living. So it is fun to throw suggestions at Paul and see what he comes up with. So far he's done a great job of transforming his throttle-current control from basement hack to professional hack! (I keed, I keed).

I was actually considering doing an IGBT AC 3-phase board, but I truely can't afford a car project with the new house. I'm thinking maybe I could use Paul's board with lower-voltage parts to run a motorcycle... maybe an end-of-summer project. Who knows how far the code will have come by that time.