View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I don't screen calls - I hang up. LOL.

I can actually text without looking at my phone, which is what I normally do. I don't like talking on the phone really. It's very impersonal.

PA isn't really strict about phones, but as with every other aspect of my driving, I can't risk a ticket right now (or ever, really). If I get even one ticket, I"ll lose my license for 5 years. I just got it back a little over a year ago from a street racing and wreckless driving charge. (130+ in a 35, leaving town for a 2-lane highway. They clocked us at the verge of the 55 zone, not that it mattered. What mattered was that I was stupid enough to stop.)

So basically, having just got my license back, I have 5 points. All traffic offenses in PA are at least 1 point, most are 2+, and 6 is the limit. I've had my license suspended so many times, that they just decided the next time is 5 years. (That's what the PennDOT judge person said when I got it back.)

A really good reason to learn about hyper-miling: fear of never being able to drive again, if attitude adjustment doesn't occur. Quickly.