View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
You've got to be kidding on that one. I used to pull SUVs out of snowbanks every winter with my old '80 Subaru. Sure, it had problems in heavy, wet snow that was more than bumper deep, but so did everything but the rotary plows :-)
^_^ we had a plow lol as did our neighbors and everyone else that lived on the two streets that connected to a main road. It was a competition to see who could get out first.

But the Subi's can't handle it because they are too light. Subi's are great for handling in mud or things like that because they are rather lightweight, but in upper elevations where its frozen your lack of normal force(mass) kills it. Also The Subis of the time didn't have a ton of ground clearance, they had enough for most things but when you are running late for school and don't have time to chainsaw a couple of decent sized trees. . .

Trust me lol we would get all kinds of cars stuck around our house and the neighbors(we were the only two houses in a valley). I had a friend with an outback and a forester and I had to go pick them up. . .

To be fair I borrowed my neighbors HMMWV lol and drove across a couple of fields he owned and across a small river. We escaped to school that way more than a few times.