View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
consaka
EcoModding Lurker

Active Learning - '93 Chevy Suburban Silverado
90 day: 10.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I'm pretty sure you have TBI peak and hold, we finally got some real world data on that in January and are still working on the solution.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...sory-6863.html
Hmm I read a bunch of threads and followed all the links I found. I note a couple of things on the tables that I could find. No pictures of any TBI injectors and most of the ones mentioned were not TBI injectors at all. I say most because I am not familiar with the few geo GM vehicles that were listed. I know the minivans by GM used TBI setups because I have seen them in the junkyard. I can see Coyote knows what he is talking about though so I will assume my '93 suburban 350 is peak and hold.
So now id like to better understand what the problem mpguino has with the peak and hold setups. I mean it is still pulse width modulated right? I see from stuff coyote said that his system was WAY off doing crazy stuff like reading 18 gh at idle or something. However I read around 1 to 1.2 gh at idle hot. as much as 3.1 or so when cold.
So when is it likely to be accurate? when idling or when cruising or 50% throttle? etc. I noticed today that I used or got the exact same mpg when accelerating about 45 mph anywhere from 20% throttle to 100% throttle. It always reads about 14mpg under those conditions. but under 20% it can drop to 12. Im going to try the 22k resister and see what happens. I got two zener diodes though so I think its the lower harder to reach one right? I hope I dont blow anything up.. hehe