View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Update following mods - 1 week of testing...

My in-dash mpg guage seems to have settled around 56-57 mpg after a week of driving (about 150 miles). My SGII has me at about 54 mpg...interested to see after my first official tank fillup where I am at. This week's temps have been between 40-55.

Today was 60 degrees on my commute and my SGII reported 63.4 mpg over the 11 mile course. The warmer temps and how they affect start-up time is dramatic. I got up to 160 degrees under 5 minutes today where other days it has been 7-8 minutes before I blocked the grill. I had to stop twice on my commute today and I left the car running on battery power in park for 1 of the stops (about 10 minutes). It's great to leave the car running on battery and not use gas (although it did drop the battery bars from 5 to 4).

I'll have some time this Saturday to work on the lower grill block (most likely using two sections of material instead of one in the lower slots). Probably going to block two of the five instead of just the one I am running now.

The goal for now is to: 1) get over 650 miles on a tank. 2) stretch the tank into May