View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #40 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Gotcha.

The Ford Fusion hybrid has an indicator on the dash that will tell you exactly how far you can press the accelerator while in EV mode without provoking an ICE restart. That would be useful, eh?

Been working on pulse & glide at all? That's where you'll punch out the really crazy numbers.... and all with your right foot. No fancy dancing around the cockpit, limbs flying, like drivers of regular cars.
Wow...the accelerator indicator to stay in EV mode would be great! I tried using my SGII to monitor throttle position but because the position I need to actually accelerate at a reasonable rate changes based on the level of terrain I'm on (flat or going up a hill) it's difficult to get it right every time and I trip the ICE once in awhile.

I haven't used P&G to it's full potential yet...and I know it. There's alot going on in the cockpit right now and it's a little bit of info. overload (compared to driving my 4runner) trying to keep track of the SGII and the energy screen...not to mention keeping the car between the lines and on the road!

I noticed I've been babying the throttle up hills a little too much (straining the engine in high rpm) and have been toying with giving it a bit more throttle to get up the hill quicker but then giving me a little more mph to coast down the hills. Instead of cresting a hill at 40mph struggling at 2200 rpm to get up the hill I've found a little better luck with keeping steady acceleration up the hill and cresting at 45 mph and coasting down further...work in progress.