View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #832 (permalink)
MazdaMatt
Master EcoModder

2k2Prot5 - '02 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 33.82 mpg (US)
Hey, i've been off work sick for a couple days and just got my home internet up again. I happened to be cruising YouTube and saw the burnout vid... immediately jumped over here to see the progress! Awesome work! Now's when the fun begins... remember the 80/20 rule. It is now 80% done, which means you're through 20% of the dev time. Time to get the "bugs" (shudders, current mis-reads, etc) worked out.

Paul, I was just thinking about the concept of reading the current at the same point on the PWM each time. Presumably, the best time to measure is just slightly after the rising edge plus switching time? Or at least some time well into the "on" portion? Otherwise you'd be consistantly measuring something below max. As I mentioned about 300 pages back, there are microcontrollers that are created JUST for this sort of application that generate an automatic ADC reading after a set delay from the PWM rising edge. After you make it to your show with a "smoothed out" program, maybe it is time to step up your game again and dive into a bigger and better microcontroller.