View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
oldpecan
EcoModding Lurker

SmallFry, demian, and everyone, I'm wondering what type of truckers DO end up driving the most bobtail miles?

Congratulations on your over 10 MPG's there, SF, btw. do much bragging? j/k

Cd, If you picture some rectangle outlines made of narrow white plastic pipe, and each rectangle is a little smaller than the last, and they nest together flat when pushed together...maybe that describes SmallFry's concept. The biggest recatangle is just behind the cab and the smallest is the tail of the Kamm-back.

just blue-sky-ing it >>> what about venetian blind-like material?... keep the nesting rectangles that provide the strong, collapsible frame, but put venetian blinds plastic in-between instead of fabric?...it's more of a telescoping idea. I have no idea how the "blinds" attach or how much they haff to rotate for turning corners.

Or maybe just line camping tent nylon fabric with something friction resistant where it touches the frame elements.

[edit: the venetian-blind material would probably just end up being a new kind of road-side debris, come to think of it. I'll just leave it in this post there in case someone can take maybe the "telescoping" idea to a good place]

Last edited by oldpecan; 04-10-2009 at 12:06 PM..