View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
consaka
EcoModding Lurker

Active Learning - '93 Chevy Suburban Silverado
90 day: 10.67 mpg (US)
I did a little test the other day. Well for one I put in the 22k resister that was suggested. I have an openguage unit with the floppy disk style connecter. It does not have a USB port for program changes so if I need to modify it im not sure what to do.
Anyway what I did was watch the GH on a full throttle run up to 55 mph. It never exceeded 3.77. I then did a run up to the same RPM, basically redline, with no load an it said it was using 6.54 GH.
So far I think any accuracy I am getting is at low load because that is where I have it set for i.e. cruise speed.
My way of thinking is that under full load it should be using more fuel due to the fact that the map sensor should be sending full fuel due to no manifold vacuum. Any idea what this is and how to fix it?
I plan on throwing in the laptop with datamaster and graphing both injector functions. under the same conditions and see what happens there. I have an industrial grade scope but I dont really know how to use it.. Wish I could afford a pico scope as they look simple enough for a novice to learn to use.