View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 02:41 AM   #78 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
Have you ever tried push and glide in higher speeds 80 mph etc. I have and its frustrating because you have to shift very often and because the glide is so short. This leads to that it isnt fuel effiecient to do that in higher speeds... I think P&G is efficient below 55mph in my car at the moment.
On a recent trip I had a 1.5km stretch of 130km/h road and I felt pressure from the other 3 people in the car to actually go there. With 4 people and heavy hiking packs it took a while to accelerate from 90 to 130, then I threw it into neutral and started to glide. By the time my speed dwindled down to 110 or 100, I could already see the 100km/h speed limit sign, so there wasn't reason to speed up again. I remarked to the Wife that on such a short stretch it's not worth speeding up to 130 km/h because it takes a lot of fuel and doesn't noticeably shorten our trip time. She mumbled something which might have been approval. But I feel that the next time we go that way, she'll say something like "Oh, here comes the 130km/h stretch!".

I'm hoping that, as in Groar's case, once my future aeromods are in place, P&G'ing at higher speeds will be more worthwhile.

--Adam

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread