View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
gone22
EcoModding Lurker

Arrow OBDuino and the 328p?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and fairly new to Arduino based programming, I currently own a Sanguino equipped with the Atmeg644p that I am using to program a robot I am designing for my school. I have searched to the forum but have not found any clear answers. I have an Atmega328p that I want to use with the OBDuino. I have a 2000 Honda Accord V6 that uses the ISO interface. I have all the parts necessary to build the OBDuino (Freescale MCZ33290EF, 510 and 220 ohm resistors, DB9M, an HD44780 compatible LCD screen 2x16, and a 2N3906 transistor). All that I am missing is the board/chip combo. A friend of mine built his and attempted to load the current code (r127) and his Atmea328p took the code, but all that happens is the LCD turns on. He is using the RBBB Freeduino kit (wulfden::shoppe::freeduino::rbbb-fkit) and using Arduino 0012 or 0013 environment. I am a true newb when it comes to the OBDuino, it would be greatly appreciated if someone can help clear up any of the confusion I am having and where to go next.

Thanks!