View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 AM   #75 (permalink)
Blue07CivicEX
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
Bummer on the hubcap but that's some pretty decent mpg's I have been getting 35-38 on my 200 mile trips to work and back Monday's and Fridays but that's also going around 75-77mph (way too fast but when I have to lave at 5am, then work 10 hours then sleep in my car I want to do the drive as quick as possible)

I picked up a CB this weekend from my soon to be father-in-law and made a cigarette lighter adapter for it and a mag mount antenna, I might try to talk to some truckers and see if I can find one that doesn't mind me drafting. I figure it'll keep my speed down and help my mileage.

Last time I was drafting doing a 300 mile trip hanging about 3-4 car lengths back off the truck I got 49.6mpg (last summer) so I'd like to get myself in the mid 40's again.

Also, I got that big parachute covered, it's still open on the vertical behind the wheel but I covered the horizontal part, I was able to slide the coroplast between the bumper covered and something else then use velcro to secure the side toward the middle of the car to what i believe is the bottom of the trunk, or the gas tank? something... it's holding up pretty well.
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.

Last edited by Blue07CivicEX; 04-13-2009 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: More Info