View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deezler
Master EcoModder

Bio Deezler (sold) - '03 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI
90 day: 50.78 mpg (US)

The Beast. - '03 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT
90 day: 12.86 mpg (US)
basjoos with the first reply to my thread, nice! hehe. "If you aeromod your ride, you don't have to go slow to get good mileage". Exactly what I'm going for. However, I am not about to fabricate a boat tail, or nose cone, or ditch my wipers, or anything more extreme like that. I plan to delete my passenger side mirror, make rear wheel skirts, and maybe add VGs or a lip spoiler if I can convince myself that they will help. But thats about it, so I doubt I'll ever break into your FE realm. The highways I drive on put you in the ditch if you go much less than 70 mph, so that will be my normal speed. Most of the time I cruise between 70 and 75 mph.

Electric frenzy, I don't mean to doubt your claims at all, but are those actual tank fill or just dashboard read-out numbers? That is quite excellent mileage for a PD engine. Especially driving over 70 mph with the poor aerodynamic drag of the beetle shape.

Kudos to those pulling down phenomenal mileage. But my engine and vehicle is in top shape, I drive carefully, and this is what I'm getting. So all I can do is work from here.