Thread: CdA list
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
Allch Chcar
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
Cool

Aeromodding is like hotrodding, if you want it done better you got to do it yourself. Going from a Subbie to a 2 wheel drive vehicle will get you at least 10% just from reducing driveline losses.

The Subbie could be a fun aeromod project, I considered it along with other vehicle bases. But the complications of dealing with transaxle also applies to 4 wheel drive vehicles and that eliminated it from my considerations. It's not impossible, but it wasn't what I was looking for in a vehicle. If you want to try something radical with your Subbie we'd love it if you shared the project with us . I've seen a RWD conversion on a Subbie, it wasn't worth the few hours it took to make the front driveline vestigial. If you keep the car keep the 4 wheel drive, it's worth it .

BTW, when comparing how much power it takes to move a car; 1% is an improvement, 3% is worth some risk, 5% is a good investment, at 10% you're a fool if you don't do it. 30% is huge even if the biggest difference is the small frontal area. Do what you can with what you got, it'll go farther.

The Following User Says Thank You to Allch Chcar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-09-2021)