View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Here is another option if we wanted to be able to go out to eat without much of a fuss:

Morris County Park Commission Tourne County Park

This park is pretty large and encompasses a few other parks (which also includes reservable picnic shelters. Nearby Denville is home to a restaurant (Cafe Metro) of coincidentally appropriate nomenclature, and in-coincidentally appropriate fare that would accommodate the more "picky" eaters among us (including myself), but not ward off the sensitive stomached or ethnic-cuisine-wary.

I don't necessarily advocate for this, just something else to brainstorm about. I would personally lean more toward a potluck thing, but that would indeed raise the question of who can or is willing to eat what... Are we willing to take that into consideration? Food and the circumstances by which it arrives at the table is a huge part of me and my life, and it may not be as big of a consideration to someone else, so I'm willing to put that aside for this, as it's a forum/meet up about ecomodding, and how prominent food's role is in this will be up to how everyone else feels.

In general I think we should have a poll about where and when this will happen - starting that now will give plenty of time for people who don't log on every day to give their input and find out about the event.