View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
evolutionmovement -

Mea Culpa, I was thinking of the Clevis Pin. I guess that doesn't make me a Pinhead, because Pinheads know their pins, .

At first I didn't like the idea of a cotter pin because I would want to replace the existing pin with a cylindrical surface. However, now I think that doesn't matter because you could just have the cotter pin pass *through* a cylindrical shaft that is the same diameter as the original pin. The cotter pin would be "X-use" disposable.

I just looked at my spring, and you can pull it off, but it's a really really strong spring. I wouldn't want to remove the spring. For the solution, I don't think you would have to. I also looked at my wife's Civic and I think it would require something different yet again.

You can get 3/32 interior diameter collars at hobby shops for RC planes and cars (too small). I have also seen small collars in the Lego section (wait, I mean "specialty connector nut and bolt thingys" section) of the hardware store.

MetroMPG -

Can you or another Metroid post a close-up of your wiper arm connection, especially the pin that would supposedly be replaced?

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society