View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
TheWildHippie
Treehugger

the truck, and my Hybrid (wolf/Aussie) CaseyDog.

finished product!

The tyres helped, as in going from 31 10.5 mudders to 31 10.5 AT. Less rolling resistance.

And here's a list of what I performed,

Removed the stop bushing in the low speed primary part of the fuel pump (mechanical, low pressure side) and adjusted the richning on the low pressure side. This helped because it allowed the low side to run the truck a tad llonger before the transition to mid and WOT throttle.

installed the turbo boost adjustment valve, I used the one that allows adjustment in the cab.

Installed a 4in cold air intake system (custom designed and made by me) with only one gentle turn, and a huge conical K&N race filter.

3in exhaust from the header back with a free flow resonator.

With a careful eye on acceleration and boost and exhaust temp it was easy to see over 60mpg on a long stretch os hiway.

All computed by using a auxillary fuel tank I designed with a 3 gallon capacity and a accurate gauge I also designed. I would stop, switch over to the Aux tank, leave the entrance ramp, then drive till I had about 6oz of fuel and take a mileage reading from both GPS and the odo. All this was done on quality diesel from Shell and using Sea Foam additive, and Diesel Clean additive to manufacturers specs.