View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

I'm in that fluids group so I have questions.

Has this been tested on something today and can I see pictures of all of its components?

How much vacuum is needed to create a sufficiently low pressure upstream of your concavity(a surface that curves inward is a concavity convex surface bows outward)?

the idea is to slow the air down enough that it "falls" along the curve pushing the car forward?

Or is the aim to generate a swirling eddy current that then pressed against the curve back to front motion and then up into the normal air current?

The amount of suction is going to drastically climb as the unit accelerates, wouldn't that defeat any chance of using this on something designed for ultra-lightweight and do compressors that powerful exist in the market outside of jet engines or maybe power plants?

By decelerating the flow rate(either the vehicles speed through the fluid, the fluids speed over the vehicle or in real applications the speed of the air relative to the car) aren't you just going to relocate the drag to wherever the deceleration occurs? Its not like I can decelerate air without touching it or touching something that touches it(magnetic bottling excluded and even that still creates the same amount of force if you just pushed it)?

If you can decelerate something for less than it costs to do the decelerating why wouldn't you just apply the entire concept in reverse and apply a blower across a convex surface to create "cheap" acceleration, instead of using a round about way of lessening the cost of maintaining acceleration apply direct acceleration(then you could even just route your exhaust over it)?

Just my curiosity