View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

you could try some aero improvements although the fit/Jazz/city is pretty good initially. I know the US version did not come with a belly pan on the earlier models, you might take a look at covering the under side of the car with some inexpensive semi-heat resistant material. Wheel skirts for the back wheels using a similar material (like coroplast, linoleum something relatively light and easy to manipulate(and cheap)) improve aerodynamics.

If your version(I am less familiar with the overseas models) has roof racks or a wing/spoiler you could cinsider deleting those(although be wary because open bolt holes for either could cause rust so be sure and cover those). You could also delete interior components you don't use.

Another thing you could do, but depends on your driving hours, is to delete the alternator and replace it with maybe a good 70-80 pounds of batteries and a few "marine application" solar panels. The panels can go on the interior of your car on the dash(Honda likes to make very dark large dashes that generate heat mine is the same(del sol)). The panel would reduce the interior temperature somewhat heavily if sun is striking the panel instead of the dash. Also the panel would allow your batteries to charge when the car is sitting at work or school so you wouldn't have to pay legacy costs on energy.