View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #96 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzie604 View Post
what about driving 60 in a 55 is so incredibly dangerous?
You misunderstand.

Safety or danger play no part here. Your civic duty is to report crime. If you know your neighbors are making meth and you don't report it you can get charged with accessory to the crime.

Now, I'm not going to call on someone doing 60 in a 55 because my speedo is just as likely off as they are speeding. If you cover distance at a relative 30mph I'm calling the cops on you.

What you should ask is How does anyone get off calling it "legal" to drive over the speed limit. There are 0 allowances for a civilian to breech the speed limit in TN. Our police officers are only supposed to break the speed limit if there is a life-threatening event. That said its impossible to catch someone breaking the speed limit if you are required to obey it(its also why cops have guns, its virtually impossible one-on-one to stop someone when they have a gun and you don't and are more than 5 feet away(on a side note its why I carry a gun.))

Its the law obey it or suffer the consequences. Period no exceptions thats why its called a law, think First Law of Thermodynamics or Newton's Laws of motion there are no exceptions to speak of.

If you want to talk about abolishing speed limits as in why should we have laws we don't enforce then I can agree with that but as long as its a law I will obey it and as much as possible enforce others to do the same. Our cops will tell you if you are in any lane doing the speed limit you don't have to and shouldn't move to let anyone pass you because it puts you at risk of them doing something stupid while you switch lanes(excluding emergency vehicles). That said they will immediately tell you if its a truck it might be suffering brake problems and moving is a prudent idea.