View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #98 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiewt View Post
That web page makes a good case for lowering speed limits. I bet most drivers wouldn't like that.
Tell that to Polish politicians: While most of Europe is lowering the max speed limit, here a recent law raises the limit on major highways from 130 to 140 km/h, and from 100 and 110 on expressways to 110 and 120 km/h. Hyperkilometering just got harder Expect larger imports of Russian oil

Re: light flashing: Here the most common use of flashing used to be to warn other drivers about police checking speed around the next bend. This has recently died down since more drivers are using CB radios. Mostly aggressive speeder types do it now. I flash others to turn on their lights. (About 60% realize why I'm flashing and switch on their lights, all of them men. For some reason, not one woman in the last few years has realized why I flashed my lights at her.) On 1-2 occasions I've flashed to warn about a road hazard.
The closest thing to a "passing flash" is when someone is passing illegally at an outrageous speed and signaling others ahead to get into the ditch if they want to avoid a head-on.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread