View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scheißeglück
Wok Master

Die Grau Geist - '95 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 17.74 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Scheißeglück
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
The flower vase, just like the whole dang new beetle, is all about retro and heritage. The vase was available on old beetles. And, women's preferences in vehicles have been factored into design for many years now; there are actually more than a few female designers and female design managers... so they know the score. I have my doubts about your marketing story.
never seen or heard of the vase being on the classic beetle; maybe a add on option instead of a stock option?
the whole point of the story was not so much to say that women don't participate in the design/marketing/etc., which we all know is bogus (at least half of my friends parents, and some of my own aunts, work in various divisions in the big 3, even Audi/VW/Porsche has one of their regional offices only 5 miles from my school, hence why my professor was sent there by her firm to sit in and discuss the issue they had). the whole point was to showcase what goofy ideas can be derived when a large company tries to fit a niche in the market that it doesn't even need to fill. even the latter bit i had about the guitar that was available for VWs in 2006. novel idea for the buyer, yes, necessary, highly doubtful.