View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #992 (permalink)
TheSGC
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
User controllable current limiting would be GREATLY APPRECIATTED! It really changes the feel of how a car drives!

The Curtis controller has screwdriver adjustable pots on the side for throttle response and max amps. It's nice to have them.

I took the Metro to a showing of WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR? today. Several people were really impressed that I got the car over 65 mph without using gasoline!

PS - I think I friend my Curtis 1209 during my upgrade to 144V. I yanked out the controller from the Citicar to use in it's place. Thats a Curtis 1221 (rebuilt) It lists as a more powerful controller, but I don't think it's any better than the 1209.

If I can't get the 1209 working again, I will need to eventually build a pair of Cougar Controllers! One for the Metro, and one for the Citicar!
OOHH I hope it's not fried. But if it is, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it for you. I've always wanted to find a way to upgrade a Curtis to a higher power controller, I just haven't got my hands on any yet for a detailed analysis.

Dually Couger controllers probably would be nice and easy to build if you did them at the same time!