View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I don't often eat "American" cuisine... in fact, the most "american" thing I eat is cheeseburgers and "french" fries, which aren't french at all.

I prefer italian food in some cases, for the high carb content of most pasta meals. It makes nice to to go work knowing you won't be killing yourself in a couple hours looking for a few extra carbs to keep you until lunch time.

I prefer asian cuisine for suppers, as they're light (most of the time) and high in nutrients and protein. Great for relaxing at the end of the day, with a small bowl of rice or some egg-soup. (Who'd have thought that chicken broth and egg whites would go so well together?)

I don't normally eat "meals" perse... I don't advocate the "3 squares" mentality. I eat when I'm hungry, and only until I'm not hungry anymore (holidays and really good food aside, of course). The biggest thing I do to keep myself in shape is eat, actually. (More specifically, eat such things in such a manner that won't allow me to over eat, gorge myself, and die of a heart attack before my son's matured.)

One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is rice, with milk and sugar. (Alas, I eat cane sugar instead of brown sugar... but I use cinnamon too!).

I am far from the norm, though. I was raised poor, and had to make due with what I had, almost every day. There were days where hamburgers were breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so to speak. And that's if we were lucky enough to eat at all. I guess my (mostly) conservative lifestyle is thanks to everyone else's over-taxed life style. I feel that they're wasting enough resources for both of us.