View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hugh Jim Bissel
EcoModding Lurker

Connie - '00 Kawasaki Concours

Good Vibe-rations - '03 Pontiac Vibe GT
Long time lurker, first time poster

Hi, I've been a lurker here for maybe 6 months, also just registered at ecorenovater. I've started P&G and EOC'ing. Not really tracking my mileage, though I do have the gas recepts so I'll have to see how I'm doing once I set up a garage entry.

What prompted me to register was the threads discussing ground-source HVAC. For the last year I've been employed by an organization to help install a ground-source heating/ac system, so I've got a little info on the subject. I'm neither a HVAC tech nor an engineer (though that will change in a few years, Lord willing and the creek don't rise), so I can't comment too much on the design aspects other than how it was applied to our specific project, though I'll do the best I can.

Personally, I'm a sophomore studying mechanical engineering, I live in the DFW area, and, unfortunately (or so I think sometimes), I'm much older than my collage status would imply (turning 28 this week). As you might be able to tell from my username I enjoy a bit of wordplay (you didn't really think my parents would be THAT mean, did you? (my name's Andy in real life BTW, but feel free to call me Hugh)). I definitely enjoy a good pun, but I'll try not to punish you too much.

I've got at '95 corolla and I keep hoping (yet not hoping) the engine will go out so I can convert it to electric, or someone will mess up my back-end so I can boattail the heck out of it. (Though probably should start with the smaller stuff first.)

Glad to finally be a card carrying member, and looking forward to meeting y'all (I live in Texas, I can get away with using words like "y'all", even if my spellcheck doesn't agree)!