View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
when-EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Hahaha, Ben.

Very cool meet up Phil. So, when are you gonna make an EV?
Hopefully sooner than later.I've accumulated enough projects to keep me busy beyond a normal lifespan.Since the T-100 is my daily driver,and it has clocked over 300,000 miles now,I'm a bit anxious to pull the boat-tail trailer together and road-test that rig before the truck plays out.It could run a long time but I don't want to presume that it will.The trailer will answer once and for all,my suspicions about gaining mpg while pulling a trailer.-------- I want to pour some concrete and improve my "shop" situation here.That will help protect the projects from the elements.---------- And that will allow me to juggle projects,slipping in bits of time as time permits,without major threat of loss.The truck got slammed by tennis ball size hail and some of it will have to be re-constructed.----------- The positive thing about having the Ghia,is that it's a complete vehicle.After losing the I.C. components,the adaptor-plate and other hardware for the conversion I can do here.I'll be low-tech,like Ed started out,and refine over time.At 6-miles from town,I won't need a lot of batteries,and I've already got PV and charge controller.My birthday is this month,and I could take early retirement in 5-years.I just need to keep chipping away.I do have a solar scooter which is a hoot to ride around the property.The car is going to be a riot!