View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
wwkayaker
EcoModding Lurker

Kayak hauler - '05 Mitsubishi Lancer ES
90 day: 33.88 mpg (US)
Rob's 05 Mitsu Lancer ES build

I have been a lurker for a while and learned quite a bit from everyone. It is time that I start contributing to the Ecomodder world. I haven't done much to my car, yet, but I will be continuing my build throughout the year. I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES with a 5 speed manual trannie and a 2.0L engine. Before hypermiling techniques, I was averaging 31 mpg (yes, I have always tracked my fuel economy). I thought I should first start with my 2009 wish list.
My 2009 Ecomodding resolution/wish list:

1) Install a permanent upper and lower grill block with controlled radiator vents - Will be starting on the upper grill block in two weeks. Lower will be a prob to determine proper angle and dimensions to achieve best results.

2) Install bolt on CAI that is sitting in my garage - Done and sprayed injector cleaner to fix the throttle sticking closed. There is no way for me to do A-B-A since we had to break to old air box to keep the sensor section for the CAI.

3) Install full body undertray out of aluminum.

4) Deflect air flow away from windshield wipers.

5) Design and build kamback from roof to back edge of trunk that matches proper teardrop slope. This must be three pieces that fold together to maintain function of trunk.

6) Rear wheel skirts and flat hubcaps.

7) Front dome hubcaps - Will be buying soon since I had a stock cap fall off.

All of this is in an attempt to reach 45 mpg normal and 35 mpg with kayaks before June 14 when East Race Whitewater park should be opening.

I do need some help on one thing at the moment, how do I upload photos? I have pics of my car stock, temp grill block, and CAI.