View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
consaka
EcoModding Lurker

Active Learning - '93 Chevy Suburban Silverado
90 day: 10.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
If you hook the output up to the guino injector lead, you should not get anywhere near 20ma out of it.

I would just try putting 12 volts accross it (if it is rated for at least 12v) and connecting the output to the injector-in connecter on the guino, then wrapping the injector lead around it or around a ferrous core of some sort to amplify the signal.

Then try and scope what voltages are reaching the CPU pins.

If it works, yippie , If you get an inverted gph, then that is promising, can fix in software.

Unfortunately I have neither pulse and hold or diesels at my disposal so I have to grope around a bit in these areas.
I am not sure I understand. Here is a link to it and others. but the name in the link is the one I have. http://scienceshareware.com/articles...ent-sensor.pdf

this sensor has 3 contacts. ground, supply, and sensor output. the output will be something like 0.043 volts. Well if I remember correctly. So it will need amplified up to around 5? volts
The supply to the sensor can be 8 to 30 volts so that isnt a problem but it says max supply current is 20 mA.
the injector lead will just go through the middle of it though I am not sure if going through more then once would help amplify. regardless it will need to be amplified. Hopefully it should put out a near digital on and off signal with the right mix of electronics.