Thread: Newb here
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
presidential
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Welcome to the site.

What's the commute like? Is it a manual transmission?
It's a manual and it is actually a dual purpose car. Not only is it my commuter, it is set up for autocross duty. I'm quite sure that if I did try really hard, the old girl could get up over the 30mpg mark in the city. However, I live in an area of old folks and yuppie SUV driving soccer moms, so I can't really conserve too much as I don't want to be a smear on the grille of an inattentive driver.

A slow and passive driving style around here will get you hit or hurt, I have been both. I like being nimble and quick, it's saved my hiney many times. I still like to do what I can to make things better once I am free of the mayhem whenever I do actually drive.

Eventually, the old 240 will be retired to race only duty and the Wagoneer will be sold which is what really brings me here. I'm really curious as to what I could buy that is reasonable on fuel/price that can actually tow something and not be over burdened. I'll always be a "hot-rod" kind of guy, but that still doesn't mean that I'm not interested in more than one kind of performance.

Thanks for the welcomes, I'll try to fill out the fuel mileage thingie for the 240...I don't drive it too much. The Wagoneer is the big parts hauler for now, unfortunately.
1964 Pontiac Catalina 455 (0 mpg, doesn't move)