Register Now
 Register Now

You must sign in to add / modify vehicles in the EM garage
Fuel log graph
Efficiency log for: Golf Cart - 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
  • Lifetime Fuel Economy: 127.8 mpg (US), 1.8 L/100 km, 153.4 mpg (Imp)
  • 90-day Fuel Economy: 127.8 mpg (US), 1.8 L/100 km, 153.4 mpg (Imp)
  • 3-tank Fuel Economy: 110.6 mpg (US), 2.1 L/100 km, 132.8 mpg (Imp)
  • EPA Combined Rating / % over rating: 112 mpg (US) / 14.1% (based on 90-day fuel economy)
  • Total fills: 3
  • Average cost per gal/L: $0.00 per gal (US); $0.00 per L (price data entered for 3 fill/s)
  • Average cost per fill: $0.36
  • Average distance cost: $0.02 per mi. / $0.01 per km
  • Total fuel used: 0.39 gal (US), 1.5 L
  • Total distance traveled: 53.6 mi. / 86.3 km
  • Total cost: $1.08
  • Total fuel saved vs. EPA: 0.1 gal. (US) / 0.4 L
  • Total saved: $0 (based on avg. cost per gal./L)
  • Average tank distance: 17.9 mi. / 28.8 km
Fill date Distance Fill amount Price Fuel Economy Details
2023-06-29 11.9 mi
19.15 km
3.29 kWh
0.098 gal (US)
0.082 gal (Imp)
0.371 L
($0.27 total for this fill)
276.47 Wh/mi
121.43 mpg (US)
145.12 mpg (Imp)
1.94 L/100 km
0.82 gal (US)/100 mi
A/C is fixed, forgot to update about that. Not using it while driving still cause the one time I did it drained the battery fast but it is working and I haven't had issues with the turtle light yet since I fixed it but I've been avoiding interstates
2023-06-26 2.7 mi
4.35 km
0.76 kWh
0.023 gal (US)
0.019 gal (Imp)
0.087 L
($0.06 total for this fill)
281.48 Wh/mi
117.39 mpg (US)
142.11 mpg (Imp)
2 L/100 km
0.85 gal (US)/100 mi
Got a smart outlet that can read power consumption. Charged her up all the way and went on a little test drive then measured how much power it took to charge her back up
2023-06-14 39 mi
62.76 km
9 kWh
0.267 gal (US)
0.222 gal (Imp)
1.011 L
($0.75 total for this fill)
230.77 Wh/mi
146.07 mpg (US)
175.68 mpg (Imp)
1.61 L/100 km
0.68 gal (US)/100 mi
Still new to this, car doesn't have anything to tell me these stats so I used a ODB scanner to get the amps and volts of the battery at full charge to run the math on how many kWh the battery can currently hold (not much sadly) then drove the car till the battery had less than a mile of range and no bars displayed for charge level.

I just did this once to get a rough idea of the costs of operation with my new car. The trip consisted of Interstate, highway, and city traffic so it would be a real world result.
Without running the battery completely dead for every drive this would be way too difficult to keep a log of since I'd have to use a scan tool to run the math on how much battery I consumed every time I drove.

However I will do this again once I repair the car cause this drive revealed the car isn't working correctly. Currently the A/C is broken and I found out the car uses the AC to cool the batteries. I got the turtle while on the interstate and battery temp warning. That was about halfway through my journey and up to that point I was only 20% into the battery, took me the rest of the 80% to finish the trip and I barely made it. I am hoping I just need to recharge the AC but my theory is once the battery overheated it ran the AC compressor non-stop in an attempt to cool the batteries. I could be wrong but once I get the AC repaired I'll know for sure.

View: spreadsheet friendly fuel log output (for copy/paste)

sig image

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright