Formerly known as Rubber Band, this car was owned by a hypermiler lady from Tennessee and lived its whole life there. She achieved a lifetime mpg of 82.9 over 135K miles, including two tanks where she averaged over 100 MPG.
I purchased the car at the beginning of June 2017. The car had a dead IMA battery and lots of other minor age related issues, but for an insight at 135K, it was overall still in good shape.
Removed 12v lead acid battery and replaced with two IMA battery sticks wired to use 10 cells. This saved 20 pounds.
- Heat pads installed under transmission and oil pan
- LED Headlights
- Removed partial radiator block (too warm)
- Warm Air Intake
- 52 PSI
- Extensive underbody aero in the back
- Coroplast partial radiator block
- Full coroplast lower grill block
- Set of 4 new RE92s
- Removed rear-windshield-wiper
- LED Brake, Parking, and Side Marker Lights
- Cleaned EGR Plate
- Grid Charger Harness
- Fixed Trip Buttons
- LED Instument Cluster Backlighting
- LED Interior Lights
- "Calpod" Clutch Switch
- EFAS w/ clutch-switch disabling relay