Jetta: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Displacement: 1.9 L
Fuel type: diesel
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2955 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.3
Frontal area: 21.8 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: Stock car. Currebntly averaging 41-45mpg with mixed city driving.

5/28/20 - With the "restoration" of the factory aero, grill blocks, and muffler delete, waiting for new data.
7/31/20 - Have not been driving it while I was building the trailer hitch.Going to fill up tomorrow and start my fuel log.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: When I got it the thermostat was bad. Replacing that returned 3-5mpg.

5/28/20
Finally got the pieces together (required searching, duck tape, and Gorilla Glue), and finally installed the bellypan. Also did an 80%+ grill block.

Muffler got cut off while measuring for the new one. It actually had about the same volume level and diesel sound I was going for! Thinking about a tip to get the gases out and calling it a wrap! Net 19lb and turbo spools even faster!

July 2020 built a trailer hitch. Upper Grill block destroyed in rain

Planned Mods: The factory bellypan is missing, hoping to fix that soon.
Planning a grill block before the winter is over.

5/28/20 Had a partial grill block in the winter, didn't get the full on on until summer. Oh well. Next step I want to pay Malone to work on the low/mid maps to wring as much mpg as much as possible. It currently has injectors, injection pump, and a stage 1.5 tune. Because of all the fueling mods I believe there is room to improve.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 35 mpg(US)
EPA highway 44 mpg(US)
EPA combined 38 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

(Created: 2020-01-27 03:44:51 / Modified: 2020-07-31 23:03:44)