This Pinto was a former automatic transmission car, that got swapped with a 1980 engine and 4 speed transmission. The stock axle ratio for an automatic trans car is 3.08:1, which is a lower ratio than the manual trans cars. Switching to the Granada axle with 2.47:1 ratio will help. The body exterior has all the normal rusted out places, and the floor has major problems. Nothing a welder and some sheet metal can't fix.
- Trimmed stock air cleaner housing to be an "open element" style air filter.
- "extra" hoses delete
- Flex fan from 79 Mustang 2.8L
- rear seat delete
- carpet delete
These are not really eco mods, but are mostly in prep for the v8 swap:
- Eastwood Triflow radiator.
- Speedway motors 5 lug hubs, 11" front rotor and brake calipers.
- Repurposed old chrome 73 Mustang 14" 5 lug wheels for front.
- New exhaust system. Rear portion is 3" diameter including Summit Racing glasspack, Flowmaster Super 44. Front portion is 2.125"/1.75" adapted to the 3" at a V band clamp. Once V8 is installed, a new Y pipe replaces the 1.75" pipe.
- Rear 5 lug axle swap. Granada 8"? Also the other pair of 5 lug mustang wheels.
- Wide band o2 sensor and guage, and Vacuum gauge.