The Lude: 1992 Honda Prelude Si 4ws
Displacement: 2.3 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2870 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.34
Frontal area: 20.6 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: I bought this car a year a go with 150k miles on it. That may seem like a lot but I did my research and I am very confident the car will last me to the 200k mile mark and probably even more. So I know it will last me these last 2-3 years of college. It now has 162k+ on it and still running strong. The interior is nearly perfect - the cloth is faded where it is always in the sun. Exterior wise the car had aftermarket one piece headlights (chrome - I prefer black housing but I didn't pay for them). The clear coat is also peeling off and there are a few spots where the paint has faded. There is also a dent in the quarter panel right where the fuel door is - it could be fixed fairly easy.

This year and model - 92 si 4ws - had the center console that extends all the way back and splits the rear seat into 2 bucket seats instead of a bench - very useful considering the glove box is only large enough for the owners manual.

After I bought the car the 1st thing I did was install a subwoofer system. I soon added wheels, intake, exhaust.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: I haven't installed any parts or done any modification pure for fuel economy. However, the parts I have installed have raised my fuel economy a considerable amount. The wheels, intake, and exhaust didn't make a largely noticable difference. Wheels probably made more of a difference than anything - I dropped about 5 lbs per wheel. The intake and exhaust help the car breathe much better and also dropped a combined weight of about 32 lbs.

The latest modifications I have made were lowering springs and custom front lip - the combination of those 2 upped my fuel economy from ~27 mpg to ~30 mpg on average. That modification will definitely pay for itself within a year - as cheap as the springs were they will pay for themselves in a few months.

I have also just removed the spoiler.

Planned Mods: My planned modifications include a header, rear diffuser and possibly full undertrays, header wrap (header and intake tube), grille block, and more weight reduction.

Planned weight reduction includes removing the subwoofer system and getting and aftermarket header. I would like to get carbon fiber shells to replace my rear seats and also remove my rear seat belts since no one ever sits back there - mainly b/c it's so small.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 21 mpg(US)
EPA highway 28 mpg(US)
EPA combined 24 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 29.17 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 26.93 mpg(US)
90 days 25.99 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Feb 10, 2012

(Created: 2011-05-03 22:57:36 / Modified: 2012-04-20 02:55:11)