TimsZuki: 1997 Suzuki Sidekick Sport JLX
Displacement: 1.8 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2989 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.45
Frontal area: 12 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: custom
Description: Awesome little SUV/4X4 that is tiny and as a major bonus has a small 4 cyl engine. It has a nasty high Drag coeff because of it's landrover style design. In low 4X4 it has more power than a Hummer (I pulled a H2 out of the mud without much effort... it really humbled the guy) and can go places that Jeeps fear to go. I'm narrower than you, I dare you to follow me on the trails in that fat jeep.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Using energy tires overinflated by 2 psi. platinum spark plugs with a wider gap.

Planned Mods: rear spoiler, up one size in tire diameter but down one size in width to give a better final gear ratio. Redesigning the mpguino code to run on a different pic so I can make it more compact and a little more "stock" like action. I am adding a GM overhead console to hold the LCD and mpguino clone and it will only display current MPG and trip average. it will NOT store anything for long term YET. I'll be adding a serial eeprom to store a reset-able "lifetime" like they have in hybrids. I like the mpguino design ,it's just "messy" for in a car. I want a small board with only the parts needed for the project and not a tinkerers board.

Looking at minor panning of the rear bumper underside to reduce the drag as well as what can be done frontside (adding a air dam under the bumper to help deflect more air around the car.)

I also found a site that sells electronic overdrives I am looking at how much it costs to install one to give me another .25 gear ratio on the final drive when cruising the highway.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 22 mpg(US)
EPA highway 25 mpg(US)
EPA combined 23 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 25.53 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 25.94 mpg(US)
90 days 25.53 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Jun 11, 2008

(Created: 2008-05-29 13:56:11 / Modified: 2008-06-13 16:39:55)