the best $100 ever spent: 1994 saturn sl1
Displacement: 1.9 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 0 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: I picked up this car for $100 because the owners lost the title and had to get it off their property that day or it would get towed away for having no plates on it, eventually got the title and fixed it up. Drove it for 2 years and 50,000mi and had about $2000 total into the car and repairs over that 2 years. (Im a mechanic so labor is free). . Lol. It came stripped with manual steering and only had a/c.. best car I ever owned.. only left me stranded 2 times in 50k miles, first when the radiator went bad, 2nd when I spun on black ice and caught on dry pavement and blew a hole in the transmisson.. other than that no major problems except a little oil consumption but what do you expect out of a 94 saturn that was retired at 180,000mi only because the front subframe, floorboards and window tracks were all rotted out to the point where it wasn't safe anymore.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Removed a/c, raised psi in tires, in the summer I used to get arrounf 37-42 mpg and the best tank I ever got was just over 46 mpg.

Planned Mods: Strip the car down and save the engine, trans, and manual power steering for my future gen 1 saturn.. RIP SL1
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 0 mpg(US)
EPA highway 0 mpg(US)
EPA combined 0 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

(Created: 2012-03-05 15:42:22 / Modified: 2012-03-05 15:46:13)